Is how my sister chose to describe me when I asked her to write the copy for my wedding planning website back in 2011.
These days I support small business owners, coaches and not-for-profit organisations who are struggling with overwhelm and want someone to ease the workload. And I have to admit, I am rather organised. Which is a big key to why I do what I do.
In 2002, one year out of university and in a customer service job that I enjoyed but wasn’t taking me anywhere I started to scour the job ads in search of something I really wanted to do. The ads that stood out were the PA jobs. “Organising meetings…co-ordinating schedules…highly organised…ability to multi-task…”; these were all words that resonated with me and thus a new career was born.
The last 18 years have seen me take on various different roles, from PA to conference organiser, to wedding planner, to part-time administrator. As much as I love admin (and I really do!) it never felt like enough.
In 2018 I decided to take the plunge, leave my part-time job and set up my own virtual assistant business. Why? I wanted to continue supporting people, adding value and enabling them to get results but I also needed something that excited me and provided the flexibility I need as a working parent.
Since setting up Helen Leach VA Services I’ve never had a day where I didn’t want to go to work. I love what I do. Knowing that my clients can and will turn to me with whatever they need doing, however random the task, is a great feeling. I can go from organising a 300-person conference to researching software for dentists in the space of a couple of hours. It’s never boring.
- I’m multi-lingual – I studied German and Russian at university.
- I learn a new language every time we go on holiday abroad – the current challenge is Portuguese.
- I once met the Queen.
- Running is what I love to do in my spare time. I’ve run the Bedford Twilight 10k in the past and am aiming to get up to half marathon distance by the end of next summer.
- I’m a film junkie – I’ll watch anything, any time. Favourites include The Lord of the Rings, Back to the Future and Gosford Park.
- I’m still freakishly organised.
Want to offload the mundane so you can be marvellous? Contact me to book in your free 30-minute discovery call.